The Care Coordinator is responsible for supporting the care management team. The Coordinator will work directly with the Case Manager in day-to-day operations. This position is ideal for someone who is a strong communicator and team player.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assists and monitors in the processing of referrals. Documents, updates and finalizes referrals daily while assuring that appropriate internal/external referral providers are utilized, members are eligible and have benefits coverage, correct CPT/ICD-10 codes have been entered, accurate records of all dates and other required fields are entered, supporting clinical data for the referrals is entered, and all referrals are processed within the designated timeframe.
• Coordinates, identifies and routes referrals that require review to licensed Care Management team as appropriate
• Uploads all hospital documents post discharge into the appropriate documentation system.
• Notifies patient’s assigned PCP of hospital admission and discharge.
• Manages the inpatient call queue. Manages work voice mail and responds to messages within 24 hours.
• Maintain PHI and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Proactively takes action to solve problems
• Other duties as needed.
• 2 years healthcare administration experience
• 3 years customer service experience
• HMO/Medical Group experience preferred
• Bilingual proficiency preferred
• Technology savvy and highly organized
• Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe
Education and Additional Requirements
• Highschool Degree or GE Certificate required
• This job may require flexible work hours due to the nature of the responsibilities
• Candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity and open to working in a collaborate environment
• Sitting/standing for extended periods of time.